Wine & Spirits
March Book Club Wines
Our March book selection is The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehouse. The wines selected are both from California and include:
- The Prisoner Red Blend $39.99 – Filled with aromas of ripe cherry and cedar with hints of rose petal and sweet oak. Ripe fig and black currant dominate the finish.
- Buttercream Chardonnay $13.99 – Tastes like silken butter dripped over a fresh croissant. A decadent Chardonnay perfect for enjoying with friends!
February Book Club Wines
Our February book selection is The Woman in the Window by A. J. Finn. The wines selected are from Napa Valley and France and include:
- Seavey Merlot – Savory and rich with a ton of tobacco, lavender and sage. Retails for about $65.
- Whispering Angel Cotes De Provence Rose – A lovely crisp, fruity and dry rose. Click here for a really cool article about it. Retails for about $22.
January Book Club Wines
Our January Book (and wine) Club was The Dutch House by Ann Patchett. The wines selected were from Austria and Germany and included:
- Elfenhof Gewurztraminer Spatlese – Sweet wine with lower alcohol content, full of pear and nutmeg with a hint of rose on the nose.
- Grüner Veltliner 2018 Winzer Krems – Crisp and dry with citrus notes.
- Dr. Heidemanns-Bergweiler Reisling 2018 – Aromatic, not dry but not overly sweet.
My favorite was the Reisling. The wines were purchased at Total Wine. The Reisling was the most expensive at $35, the Grüner was $13 and the Elfenhof Gewurtztraminer was $19.